Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Morals

Per the following link, on questions of morality and where they stem from, I followed another link to find out my own morality profile.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/science/18mora.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=science

I have realized that I am neither a liberal or a conservative. Yet, I did identify more with liberals in that I placed more importance on harm and fairness, rather than authority, purity or loyalty. Apparently I am not loyal. And I feel as if the test I took does not take other political viewpoints in mind. I am loyal to things that deserve loyalty. Yet, everything has the option of breaking that loyalty. What if organization A has my loyalty- I'll be there biggest fan. Yet, I find out that organization A has been doing immoral things, BAM, loyalty gone.

I think most people would be act in a similar manner. At least I suppose most would. And if they wouldn't, I would only suppose the person who remained loyal had been brainwashed and was not as strong as I was.

I have always been chastised for my lack of loyalty. And the simplicity of the matter is that I am loyal, but I don't see the need for it. I trust that most will act out in a disappointing manner. I'd rather be surprised by a positive action, than continually expect one and thus be constantly disappointed. I'm a realist and I don't think I have room for realism and loyalty.

Is this wrong? Am I being disloyal to myself?

No comments: